Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I'm Back

We have Internet and now it is time to catch up this blog.

We moved in on June 28. No more hotel and hello to our own bed.  I said in my earlier post that the painters came - NOT and they still haven't came.  But we are - for the most part - unpacked and I have decorated and the adjustment has begun. Even the smell of smoke is getting better.

On Friday, June 29, Mom, Rachel and I went to the Santa Claus House.  Well it isn't all it is hyped up to be.  It is really simply a big gift shop and Santa Claus is there as are his reindeer. Oh and fudge.  It was still a fun time.  That evening we had dinner in Fairbanks and said goodbye to Mom and Rachel.  A very emotional time. 

The weekend was very uneventful.  We attended church on Sunday at the Assembly of God Church in North Pole.  Guess who attends the church - SANTA CLAUS. The people were friendly and they are looking for a drummer.  Richard let it be known that he is a drummer.  So we are praying for the opportunity to open for him to play drums.  The church doesn't have services on Sunday night - another adjustment. We have been invited to the SALT (Seasoned Adults...something) activities. Richard says we are too young for them but the only other group is the young adults and we are too old for them. LOL.

On Monday, July 2 Richard reported to work.  He has officially been on the job for a little over a week and is now seeing patients.  He says he likes it, just not the having to leave the house at 7 a.m.  Gone are his 9-5 days.

For the July 4th holiday, we went to the parade here in the North Pole. It was fun.  Santa Claus was even in the parade - the man is everywhere. That afternoon we ventured to Fairbanks and listened to military bands and bagpipes in the park.  No fireworks - since it is daylight all the time.

Speaking of - sleeping is really not a problem.  When we get tired we look at the clock and if it is at least 10 p.m. we go to bed.  Right now we have about 20 hours of sunlight, but even the other 4 are still light outside, just not sunshine.  It seems to rain a little everyday. I have talked Richard in to walking with me and Charlie.  We try to venture out for at least a mile everyday.  There is a track that runs along one side of Badger Road (the main road beside our house).  The track actually goes all the way down Badger Road, so we could walk the three miles to North Pole. Haven't convinced Richard to do that yet, since we would have to walk back also. Lol.

I have been busy applying for jobs.  So far I have applications in with the Fairbanks/North Pole school district and the University of Alaska - Fairbanks.  There are currently no openings on the Post, except for those requiring weekends and evenings and I really am not interested in those hours.

Charlie has become a very LAZY dog.  He sleeps all day and is so excited to play ball in the evenings when Richard is home.  He doesn't like to go outside unless someone goes with him.  Don't know what he will do when I start work.

The weather has been very mild.  It did get as low as 45 one morning this week.  The afternoons usually peak out at 70-80. 

Well that about sums up what is happening here.  Please go to facebook to see pictures.  I cannot get pictures to upload to this Blog.  Anyone have suggestions - I'm open for any of them.

We miss everyone VERY much.  I need adult conversation.  My next adventure is to find someone to color my hair and cut it - I miss you Becky. If you have the ability to Facetime, let me know. Well, till next time, be blessed and stay safe.  Love to everyone.

Sally and Richard.

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoying your updates, Sally! What an adventure! I would love to sell our house (if we could get a decent price) and take off somewhere new and exciting. And preferably warm - a Caribbean island would be good. Or maybe Europe? I guess I've got a few more years before I could do that, need to get this last child educated and out of the house. ;)

    ReplyDelete