Thursday, July 19, 2012

I Passed!

I bit the bullet yesterday and took my driver's licensed test - and I passed.  I am an official licensed driver in Alaska.  Guess that means I'm one step closer to being an official resident.  Now to get Richard to go take his test.

Not much has happened since my last post.  The painters FINALLY finished (except for caulking the windows).  We are officially unpacked again.  There are still several boxes in the garage, but they may just have to stay that way because I ran out of room.

The job search continues.  There is one job that I would really consider.  It is at the elementary school on post.  It doesn't pay well, but it would be a job and get me out of the house.  On the plus side, when the weather is bad, Richard and I could ride to work together.  But, it's not my will, but thine be done.  I know God has a plan. 

Yesterday,  I treated myself to a much needed manicure.  The guy doing my nails and I were visiting and guess what....he worked for 2 weeks during August 2010 at the Nail Salon Spa in Clinton,  It is a small world.  His wife said it was too hot, dry and windy.  He said it was small. 

Three weeks from tonight Eric will be here.  I'm so excited to see him.  We plan to do a little sight seeing while he is here.  We have not been to Denali yet so that is on the agenda.  Not sure what else.  He will only be here till Monday morning.  It will be a fast trip. He didn't want to wait till it got cold to come - I can't imagine why.

Richard will be going to Tulsa (I think it's Tulsa) in October for an optometry meeting. Guess I will experience my first time in Alaska alone unless I can figure out a way to come also.  Looking at the price of airline tickets for Christmas - YIKES - but we will get there even if we have to have beans (not Richard's favorite) and water for awhile. - Not really.

Well I better get to my daily routine.  Job searching in the morning and reading, TV, entertaining Charlie in the afternoon.

Have a blessed day.  Love and miss everyone.

Sally

3 comments:

  1. Hey Mrs. Madden this is Linda Pruitt how is job searching going? I am doing good our oldest son left home on Monday the 16th and leaving for Boot Camp for the Army! Sounds like you have somewhat settled in. Love to hear from you, see you later I am at The Pregnancy Care Center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are getting settled. Congrats on passing your drivers license test. I would sure hate to have to take one again. By October you will have a good job and won't be able to take off to go to Tulsa with Richard! Love to read about your adventures on this blog. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK...I am going to try to explain how to put photos on your blog. How long have you known me? You know I am NOT a computer type.
    First when you open your blog and click on NEW POST it opens up the page for you to enter your Post title and put the body of your post. Between those two things your will see B I U abc A a little brush and the word Link. Right next to the word Link is a little square box that looks like a picture. Click on the little box that looks like a picture. Then a window will pop up and on the left side it will say Upload, From this Blog, etc. Kind of in the middle top of the box it says Browse...Click on Browse and it will take you to your picture library or downloads. Select a photo from your files and click on it...it will load on to this screen. When it is there and has a little blue box around it Click add selected. It should show up in your box where you are making your blog post. You have to do this for each photo as far as I have learned so far:) Clear as mud? Oh by the way you might have to learn a couple cuss words when you try it the first few times. SORRY...ROFL I have faith YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete