Monday, July 30, 2012

A New Week

Wow, I can't believe it has been a week since my last post. 

Last week actually turned out to be amazing, Alaska Summer, weather.  No rain, temperatures in the high 70 to low 80.  It was an amazing week.

Friday evening we watched our church softball team play.  Richard says you know we are bored when watch softball and watch people we don't even know play the game.  But is was nice to get out and about.  While we were driving, we actually found a REAL neighborhood.  You see, all we have noticed is a house then a bunch of trees, then a house, then trees, then house, then trees - I think you get the point.  There were several very nice (keep in mind all houses here are siding, no brick) houses and many were for sale.  When we got home we looked up these houses.  Well let me say, we won't be buying a house anytime soon.  Most of these houses were a little larger than our home in Clinton and they ranged in price from $250 - $350K....That of course doesn't include what it would cost to heat the house. We also drove out to the Chena Lake area.  I say drive, because when we got to the entrance they charge by the vehicle to get in and all we wanted to do was see the lake.  We made a u-turn.  Maybe we will see the lake another day.

On Saturday, we drove to Chena Hot Springs. It is a little resort area. It was beautiful.  Even talked to some OSU Cowboy fans. Richard said he would take me back for our anniversary in March.  I posted pictures on Shutterfly of the resort.

That evening we went to a restaurant called Silver Gulch for dinner.  They were having a live Jazz band.  The food was very good and the music was relaxing.

Yesterday at church, we were shaking hands and making introductions.  I introduced myself to this lady that I have noticed every Sunday and felt I should know her.  I mentioned this to Richard, so being the vocal person he is (LOL), after church he said to her "my wife thinks she knows you.".  Guess what I did.  We went to Evangel College in Missouri together.  She even spent a weekend in Clinton with my family.  It is a very small world.

Today, I enjoyed morning tea (I don't drink coffee) with our Pastor's wife.  It was so good to have human conversation.  She shared a wealth of information with me about Alaska and the church.  We agreed we needed to visit again.  Oh, her husband is a big DALLAS COWBOY fan and an OU fan.  She said that football around here will start next month.  After visiting with her, guess I need to go shopping for clothes.  I may actually get to own my first pair of UGH (Not sure how to spell them) boots, among many other things.

I'm still on the job search.  I know God is in control and has a plan.

I will try to continue to keep you updated.  Be blessed and stay cool.

Love and miss you all.

Sally


Chena River

The Restaurant

Chena Hot Springs
A few Pics of Chena....

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures - how beautiful! The world gets smaller as you get older because you've been around long enough to well, get around a lot. Which means you are more likely to cross paths with someone who has crossed paths with someone you know, etc. Right?

    ReplyDelete