Sunday, June 24, 2012

We arrived in Tok Alaska, after an hour and half waiting in line at the border.  We are 200 miles from our new home.  Of which, we just found out may not be ready till Tuesday or Wednesday.  So guess we will find a hotel and sightsee. 

Tok is a little place much like Red River.  The weather is warmer than normal for the area with some wind and HUGH mosquitos....

Today's drive was beautiful, but we saw no wildlife.  The last 100 miles of the Alaskan Highway in Canada was BUMBY and windy and hilly to say the least. 

Two nights ago we met a couple from Tinker who are transferring to Anchorage.  We have been in the same town or hotel ever night since.  Tomorrow they will head south and we will head north.

Well.....here is the truth...I had a little meltdown when we crossed into Alaska.  This is it, my new home.  While I'm happy and excited, I'm also anxious, nervous and scared.  And more than that I'm missing my Oklahoma family and our boys.  I know this will pass and that God has a plan for us here.

Keep those prayers coming.  Love all of you and miss you.

OH, BTW....I can't seem to upload pictures here but can to Facebook.  So check out the pics on FB and if you are not my friend, send me a friend request.

1 comment:

  1. Luckily you can keep up with most everyone on Facebook! It is almost like being home, almost. That is how I keep up with my brothers and sister who are scattered about. Enjoy the beautiful country, go see the sights and stay in touch with your friends. Will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete