Friday, June 22, 2012

Day Five

We arrived in Fort Nelson, British Columbia (I think that's where I am) at what we thought was 5 p.m., however somewhere today, the time changed it is was only 4 p.m.  We are exhausted today, since we didn't stop until almost 11:30 last night.

I have been informed that I left out a couple of details from yesterday.  First, we saw a Bass Pro Shop.  WooHoo....Second and the funny for the day.  I ate a dog treat, well not really, but it did get to my mouth.  I was feeding Charlie a treat in one hand and eating fruit snacks in from the other.  Guess I forgot which hand had was which.  Needless to say we had a good laugh.

Today was an over hill and over dell trip.  Up one mountain, down another.  The scenery is beautiful, but after awhile it started to look all the same.  Could be that we were all tired.  We did have some rain and road construction. We saw a moose today, it was a dead one but still a moose.

Tomorrow will be a another long day.  We have about 1000 miles (give or take) left to travel and Richard wants to knock as many off as possible tomorrow.  Our goal is to reach North Pole early Monday.

We saw a Walmart today and Richard wouldn't stop.  I even tried to convience him it was to get Charlie treats.  Didn't happen, poor Char may have to do without treats till Alaska. I left all the treats in Oklahoma for Daphne who is staying with Mary. From what I understand, Logan is spoiling her.  She may not want to come back home.

Rachel is doing some laundry and we are just relaxing.  May walk down the road to an A&W (they are about as popular around here as Sonic is back home.  Speaking of Sonic, I saw one in Montana, but we didn't stop.) I think I need a rootbeer float.  Besides, Charlie needs to walk before bed.  Sounds like a good excuse to me.

Take care and keep the prayers coming.  Love and miss all of you in Oklahomal.

1 comment:

  1. A rootbeer float sounds good about now...enjoy one for me!

    ReplyDelete