Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Another Day Out Of School

Good Afternoon from balmy Alaska - well today it is 12 but yesterday it was 35 and by Friday it is supposed to be a low of -35.  I think Alaska weather changes as much as Oklahoma.

We are out of school today due to ICE.  I understand it took buses over 2 hours yesterday to get kids home from school and so school was canceled today.  I think it is a little funny because when I started work they informed me that they never cancel school and this is the second time this school year that school has been canceled.

Speaking of school, I interviewed yesterday at a small school for an aide position.  The school is called Star of the North Academy (like a Charter School).  There are only 100 students of which 31 are on IEP in grades 7-12.  The students are there by choice.  They are students who need a smaller class environment, have recently come out of special education, don't fit in the the larger schools, recently moved from the native schools (not correct terminology), and there are various other reasons.  The students in the high school side work independently.  The school has two sides - one for middle school and one for high school.  It is a little closer to home and has BENEFITS.  Of course I heard - you do know you are way over qualified - don't you.  DUH...I want to say then get the school district to hire me for a position I do qualify for. LOL. They are to make a decision by Friday.  Again, if it is to be it will happen, if not, back to the high school everyday.

We FINALLY saw a moose.  There were actually two of them in the church parking lot 2 weeks ago.  It was pretty amazing. Pictures will follow.

Charlie has - I think- finally adjusted to being back at home.  I did here Richard talking to him the other day and telling him (you would think he was a kid) that maybe he could have a play day at Holy Dog sometime.  LOL - you think he understood?

This past Sunday we had a guest speaker at church - someone else that I went to Evangel University with - Dr. Joe Castleberry - it is really a small world.

We got to SKYPE last night with Eric and Brandie - just wish the boys hadn't already been in bed.  Lane scored four goals at his soccer game last night - WOO HOO - wish I could have been there to see that.

There really isnt' much to write about here....it is rather slow this time of the year with all the snow and cold weather.  As I say that I think, Wednesday is kid's church and Doc has jazz rehearsal, Thursday is men's game night, Saturday I'm having breakfast with my Black Friday Shopping friend while our husbands are at men's Bible study and then Doc has music practice, Sunday is church and then the week starts all over again. 

Well our prayer is that each of you are doing well and being blessed already in 2013.  Miss you all.  See you in about 4 months.

Love ya...

Sally


PS having trouble posting the Moose pictures.  I will try in a seperate posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment