Monday, December 17, 2012

The Countdown is ON!

In 52 hours we will be boarding a plane for OKLAHOMA!.  Yes, I'm a little excited. Richard said he is excited because I'm excited.

Okay...let me see if I can summarize last week and give some new details of life in Alaska - sorry no pictures this week.

It is has been COLD and then WARM and now COLD again.  It snowed off and on Sunday - Wednesday with an accumulation of about 9.5 inches.  Then it SNOWED, SNOWED and more SNOWING Thursday.  They actually cancelled school because the buses could no travel.  I believe there was a total of 19.5 inches from Sunday - Thursday.  We shoveled and swept snow everyday.  On Wednesday we (mainly Doc) had just finished shoveling when the neighbor had someone come and plow the driveway. Wasn't long after that we heard a "whoosh" sound and looked up.  The snow had fallen off the roof (we have a metal roof) and was piled in front of the garage and on top of Doc's car.  So, we SHOVELED again.  This snow was like Oklahoma snow - hard and heavy.  Thursday it actually warmed to above 0 so Charlie and I took a little walk - he didn't even mind the coat and booties.  Thursday evening the landlord had someone plow the drive.  We have about a 5 foot mountain of snow in our yard.  This week the temperatures are below zero.  It is 32 below as I write but it was 42 below on Sunday.  It is predicted to be 53 below by Friday - lucky for us we will be in Oklahoma.

Friday evening we attended the Hospital's Holiday Ball.  I must say I love men in uniforms. LOL - Don't tell my husband.  There is something about uniforms and all the patriotism.  It was very beautiful and fun and the food was wonderful.  As we were driving home, Richard said OK, we have been once and we can mark it off our list - we don't have to go again.  We took pictures so as soon as they are ready, I will post a picture.

About a month ago, Doc had a chip in his windshield and they fixed it.  Well, now that chip is becoming a crack that is growing everyday. - Welcome to the cracked windshield capital of the world.  My car is having an attitude again and will go in the shop while we are in Oklahoma.

At church, our Women's Christmas Party has been postponed twice due to below 30 temperatures and our Kid's Christmas Party was cancelled this past Saturday.  If the temps are below 30 in the evening - no activities at the church.

Well I'm off to start packing.  Have a very Merry Christmas and Blessed New Year.

Sally

P S Probably won't be posting until after Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment